Hit your Goals with Grain Bowls!
Throwing great ingredients into a bowl is a simple way to eat all the good-for-you food needed to build a strong and healthy body - protein, fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients (plant super-heroes that fight inflammation, disease and repair DNA).
*Healthy and filling
*No recipe needed
*Customizable - use what you love
* Flexible - use up what you have
*Meal prep and leftover-friendly
*Tasty and beautiful
Here’s a Formula:
1. Start with a whole grain base like brown rice, wild rice, farro, bulgur, millet and quinoa (a seed actually)
2. Add Greens like arugula, romaine, kale, spinach, cabbage, mixed greens
3. Pick a Protein (or two) to build and repair muscles like chicken, beef, salmon, tofu, shrimp, tempeh, beans, lentils, chickpeas, edamame, peas, eggs…
4. Add a Rainbow of raw or cooked veggies like peppers, carrots, corn, sweet potatoes, beets, cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli…
5. Don’t forget some healthy fats and crunch with avocado, nuts and seeds
6. Tie it all together with an addictive, yummy sauce!
Crispy Tofu Farro Bowls with Easy Peanut Sauce
1 cup Farro
450 grams Tofu (firm or extra firm, drained, patted dry and cut into ~1" cubes)
1 Tbsp Tamari for the tofu
1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder/Cornstarch
2 cups Broccoli (stems and florets chopped into bite-sized pieces)
3 Tbsp Tamari for the Easy Peanut Sauce
1/3 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
1 Lime (zested and juiced, 1 lime = ~3 tablespoons juice)
1/4 cup warm Water (for the peanut sauce)
2 tsps Ginger (fresh grated with peel)
1 cup Purple Cabbage (shredded, use a food processor for speed)
1 Carrot (julienned, shredded or chopped, use a food processor for speed)
2 cups Arugula
1/2 cup Raw Peanuts or other nuts or seeds
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cook the farro according to package directions
Add the tofu, 1 Tbsp of tamari and the arrowroot powder to a bowl. Toss until well combined. Spread them out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Add the broccoli and spread out in a single layer too. Drizzle the broccoli with olive oil and season with a little sea salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
Make the Easy Peanut Sauce by combining 3 Tbsp of tamari, peanut butter, lime zest and juice, water and ginger in a jar. Whisk until smooth.
Assemble your Bowl - Divide the farro, tofu, broccoli, cabbage, carrots and arugula in bowls. Top with the peanuts and drizzle with the Easy Peanut Sauce. Enjoy!