Simple Summer Recipe Plan
Updated: Jan 27
Healthy, plant-powered recipes to fuel your summer days! They're high in protein, healthy fat, fiber and phytonutrients, which means they'll fill you up, keep your energy high and reduce cravings. These recipes are from Simply Well Fed Monthly Recipe and Nutrition Guides which provide you with healthy Breakfast, Snack, Lunch and Dinner recipes, complete grocery lists and nutrition tips. Smart summer meal planning tip: Double-up recipes to cut back on your time in the kitchen.
Chia Breakfast Pudding Parfaits
Makes 4 Breakfasts or 8 Snacks
* 3 cups Plant-Based Milk
* 1/2 cup Chia Seeds
* 2 tsp Maple Syrup
* 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
* 1/2 cup any Nuts or Seeds
* 1/2 cup Oats
* 4 Tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
* 2 cups Berries, chopped
* 2 cups Greek Yogurt
1. In a bowl, whisk the milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and cinnamon. Whisk again after 10 minutes. Let sit for at least 20 minutes or refrigerate until ready to assemble the parfaits.
2. Make the Granola: Combine the nuts, oats and coconut in a bowl. Set aside until ready to assemble.
3. To assemble, layer the chia pudding, granola, berries and yogurt in glasses or bowls. Serve and enjoy!
Watermelon Sticks with Sweet Lime Yogurt Dip
* 2 cup Greek or Dairy-Free Yogurt
* 1 Lime, zested and juiced
* 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
* 1/2 Seedless Watermelon, cut into
sticks ~ 10 sticks/serving
1. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, lime zest, juice and maple syrup.
2. Dip the sticks in the Sweet Lime Yogurt
Edamame Crunch Chicken Salad
* 1 Lime, juiced
* 1/4 cup Olive Oil
* 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
*1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
* 1tsp Maple Syrup, optional
* 2 tsp Tamari/Spy Sauce
* 454 g Chicken Breast
* 4 cups Cabbage, shredded
* 1 cup Arugula
*. 1/2 Cucumber, unpeeled, sliced
* 2 cups Frozen Edamame, thawed
* 3 Green Onions, sliced thinly
* 1 cup Cilantro, chopped
* 1/2 cup Almonds, chopped
1. Preheat grill to. medium-high.
2. Make the Sesame-Lime Vinaigrette: In a bowl or jar, whisk the lime zest and juice, olive oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, maple syrup and tamari.
3. Grill the Chicken: Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and grill the chicken for ~8-10 minutes per side or until cooked through. Cut into slices once cooled enough to handle. No Grill, No Problem! You can also roast the chicken at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or cut and stir-fry in a skillet.
4. Assemble the Salad: In a large salad bowl, toss the cabbage, arugula, cucumber, edamame, onions and Sesame-Lime Vinaigrette. Top with the chicken slices and almonds. Serve and Enjoy!