Deconstructed Sushi Roll in a Bowl
All your favourite sushi roll ingredients without the fuss and mess of rolling and everyone can build their very own roll in a bowl. A dinner-time win!
It’s got mango for sweetness, cucumber, carrots and cabbage for crunch, seasoned cauliflower rice to boost nutrition even higher and avocado, edamame, salmon and seaweeed for healthy fats and protein. A Spicy Aioli Lime Sauce balances flavor and pulls this nutrient-dense meal-in-a-bowl all together! Enjoy! Serves 4.
Deconstructed Sushi Roll in A Bowl
* 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
* 1 tsp Sriracha, more to your taste
* 1 Lime, zested and juiced
* 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
* 4 cups Cauliflower Rice
* 2 Tbsp Tamari or Soy Sauce
* 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
* 280g Smoked Salmon, sliced
* 1 cup Edamame Beans, shelled
* 2 Avocado, sliced or diced
* 1 Carrot, grated or julienned
* 1 cup Mango, diced or sliced
* 1 cup Purple Cabbage, shredded
* 1 Cucumber, diced
* 2 stalks Green Onion, sliced
* 2 large Nori sheets, cut into strips
* 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
1. Make the Spicy Aioli Lime Sauce: In a jar combine the mayonnaise, sriracha, lime juice and zest. Whisk or shake until smooth. Add more sriracha for more heat.
2. Make the Seasoned Cauli-Rice: Heat a skillet or pot over medium heat with the sesame oil. Add the cauliflower rice, tamari and rice vinegar. Stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes to soften the cauliflower. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
3. Assemble the Bowls: Divide the Seasoned Cauli-Rice into bowls. Add the salmon, edamame, avocado, mango, cabbage, cucumber and green onion. Garnish with the sesame seeds and top with the Spicy Aioli Lime Sauce. Enjoy!
* Swap in some brown rice for those that aren't cauliflower rice converts yet!
* No Smoked Salmon? Swap in cooked/canned wild-caught salmon, shrimp or diced tofu
* Vegetarian/Vegan - Omit the salmon and use vegan mayonnaise.